Real Estate Market Update September 2016
Posted by Lisa Kohl on Friday, October 7th, 2016 at 4:57pm
Boise home prices are holding steady and are basically unchanged from April. Although the inventory of homes remains extremely low, and demand remains high, particularly below $200,000. Overall we are still very much in a seller's market. September 2016 housing market summary:
- The median list price increased to $230,000 in September (up 4.90% from 12 months ago)
- The median home price increased to $228,000 in September (up 5.92% from 12 months ago)
- Total home sales decreased to 470 in September (up 12.44% from 12 months ago)
- Median days on market increased to 15 days in September (down 6 days from 12 months ago)
- Available homes for sale decreased to a 1.70 months supply in September (down 10.53% from 12 months ago)
- 30-year mortgage rates increased 3.46% in September (down from 3.89% 12 months ago)
*Includes both new and existing home sales.
Local Real Estate Markets in September
- Median Sold Price $249,995
- Days on Market 43
- Total Sold 976
Home prices are up 6.58% in Eagle YTD.
- Median List Price $376,964
- Median Sold Price $377,659
- Days on Market 13
- Total Sold 81
Home values are up 12.12% in Kuna YTD.
- Median List Price $194,900
- Median Sale Price $192,900
- Days on Market 22
- Total Sold 55
Meridian home values are up 4.21% YTD.
- Median List Price $261,245
- Median Sold Price $259,950
- Days on Market 22
- Total Sold 308
Star home prices are up 3.53% YTD.
- Median List Price $252,900
- Median Sale Price $251,450
- Days on Market 34
- Total Sold 44
- Median Sale Price $159,974
- Days on Market 45
- Total Sold 392
Home prices are up 12.75% in Caldwell YTD.
- Median List Price $145,900
- Median Sold Price $144,900
- Days on Market 20
- Total Sold 103
Middleton home values are up 8.59% YTD.
- Median List Price $181,400
- Median Sold Price $181,450
- Days on Market 30
- Total Sold 26
Nampa home prices are up 11.85% YTD.
- Median List Price $159,900
- Median Sold Price $160,000
- Days on Market 15
- Total Sold 215
Lisa Kohl is a professional Realtor in Boise, Idaho. Questions about the local real estate market? Contact us online or call (208) 391-4466.
More From Our Blog...
Local Housing Trends
Early Demand Boost Helps Stabilize Boise-Area Home Prices
Housing Market Trends
Lower Home Prices & Rates Point to Spring Recovery in Treasure Valley Market
Local Real Estate
Leave A Comment